Triune of Troy Posted on 19th January 2014 by Bruce Grant Triune of Troy is a Channel Class auxilliary bermudan cutter designed by Laurent Giles & Son and built by A H Moody & Son in 1938. She is 37.9′ LOA, 26′ LWL, 8.8′ beam and 6′ draft. Her sail area is 624 sq ft, and her design displacement is 6.9 tons. Her construction is pitch pine on oak frames. The mast is hollow. She was built for the second Lord Russell of Liverpool, and came onto the RNYC Register in 1950 when purchased by Captain Arthur Johnson RNVR. He sold her to Hammond Innes, the author, a decision Johnson came to regret. He attempted to buy her back from Innes, without success. Hammond Innes and his wife, Dorothy Mary Lang, enjoyed several years cruising on her. Subsequently she was owned by, among others, Sir Charles Evans, the mountaineer, and Chris Elliott, at one time Master of RSS James Clark Ross the British Antarctic Survey research ship. Triune of Troy is now in the ownership of David Knights who keeps her at Saltash. The photograph is courtesy of Mike Wynne-Powell from his Classic Channel Regatta 2013.